Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very thick, this is good served plain or over rice. It can be assembled up to 12 hours in advance in the crock and refrigerated. Cook as directed.
- 3 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups dry green lentils
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine all but parsley and cook on low 6-8 hours, until veggies and lentils are tender. Stir in parsley and serve.
i love a good lentil soup and this is one you have some great recipes on your site thank you for posting dee