Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These zesty ham salad-stuffed eggs may be made ahead, covered and chilled.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup minced cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Halve eggs crosswise.
- Pop out the yellow yolks and then force them through a sieve, into a bowl, or mash with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and season, to taste, with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Refill the empty egg whites with mounds of the mixture and serve.
True "deviled" eggs! I brought these to work for a little party and they went fast! I loved that I had all the ingredients on hand and anything with horseradish is a hit with me, heh heh heh.
These are wonderful! Salty-sweet ham with creamy mayo and eggs, with a nice spicy kick from the horseradish. Yum. I put my filling in a zip lock bag, snipped a corner and filled the eggs (kind of like a pastry bag). DH liked these as well.
Wonderful "zippy" taste! Not the same old deviled eggs. I made them exactly as written (doubling the recipe) and wouldn't change a thing. They get better the longer they chill. I'll be making these again; thanx for sharing!