Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a nice zippy dip that is a change of pace from the ubiquitous ranch and onion dips. I got it from an Underwood ad, so of course they specfied their own product, but any deviled ham would do. There are no vegetables in it, so I suppose that part of the name is just to tell you what to serve it with. For those who don't catch on easily, there was also a picture next to the recipe, with a bowl of dip sitting on a platter of vegetables.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (see note)
- 1 (4 ounce) can deviled ham
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (see note)
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk (see note)
- 4 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 drops Tabasco sauce
- (Note: If you want to cut down on the calories, low-fat or nonfat versions of the cream cheese, milk and mayo will work just fine.) Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or until well chilled.