Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
In '1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes' by Jackie Newgent, RD'
Make and share this Ham and Havarti Crostini recipe from Food.com.
- 12 thin slices whole-grain bread
- 1⁄4 cup fig jam or 1⁄4 cup 100% fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 12 ounces sliced turkey ham (or Black Forest ham, smoked turkey breast)
- 12 ounces sliced havarti cheese
- 12 fresh tarragon leaves or 12 fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Arrange the bread in a single layer on two large baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly toasted, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cut each slice into a round with a large (3 inch) biscuit or cookie cutter.
- Stir together the jam, butter, tarragon, and salt in a small bowl until very well combined.
- Spread the jam mixture on top of each toast piece.
- Cut the ham and cheese slices into the same size rounds as the toast pieces.
- Place one ham slice, then one cheese slice onto each toast.
- Place crostini onto a large baking sheet and bake at 400° until the cheese is melted, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place crostini onto a large platter, top each with a tarragon leaf, and enjoy while warm.
- Per seving-140 calories, 7 g fat, 12 g carb, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.