1/1 Photo of Ham and Havarti Crostini
In '1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes' by Jackie Newgent, RD'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 thin slices whole-grain bread
- 1/4 cup fig jam or 1/4 cup 100% fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 12 ounces sliced turkey ham (or Black Forest ham, smoked turkey breast)
- 12 ounces sliced havarti cheese
- 12 fresh tarragon leaves or 12 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°.
- 2Arrange the bread in a single layer on two large baking sheets.
- 3Bake until lightly toasted, about 7 minutes.
- 4Remove from the oven and immediately cut each slice into a round with a large (3 inch) biscuit or cookie cutter.
- 5Stir together the jam, butter, tarragon, and salt in a small bowl until very well combined.
- 6Spread the jam mixture on top of each toast piece.
- 7Cut the ham and cheese slices into the same size rounds as the toast pieces.
- 8Place one ham slice, then one cheese slice onto each toast.
- 9Place crostini onto a large baking sheet and bake at 400° until the cheese is melted, about 6 minutes.
- 10Remove from the oven, place crostini onto a large platter, top each with a tarragon leaf, and enjoy while warm.
- 11Per seving-140 calories, 7 g fat, 12 g carb, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Havarti Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 580.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves