Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A perfect weekend lunch. Use a good quality ham such as Black Forest.
- 7 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup ham, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded gruyere cheese
- butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Generously butter a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish.
- Separate eggs and set aside whites. With whisk lightly beat yolks.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg and whisk until well blended.
- Add sour cream and ham, stir.
- In separate bowl, beat whites until they just form stiff peaks, about 2 minutes.
- Fold about 1/4 whites into yolk mix. Pour remaining whites over top and sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Fold everything together until mix is just combined. Don't overmix!
- Pour into souffle dish and bake 35 minutes.
- Serve immediately.