1 hr 15 mins
From the July 2007 issue of Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 4 ounces low-sodium and low-fat ham, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine milk, flour, salt and black pepper, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- 3Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 4Stir in milk mixture; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add 1/2 cup of cheese, stirring until smooth.
- 5Arrange half of potatoes in an 11x7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour half of sauce over potatoes; top evenly with ham.
- 6Top with remaining potatoes and remaining sauce; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 7Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- 8Uncover and bake an additional 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Gruyere Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 471.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 12.2 g