Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my favorite dishes to make with leftover ham. It is great for using up that ham thats leftover from Thanksgiving, Christmas, or sunday dinner.
- 4 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen seasoning, blend
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen chopped collard greens
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- Sauté ham in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add chicken broth, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until broth begins to thicken.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and add seasoning blend and collard greens; return to a boil, and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes. Stir in black-eyed peas and crushed red pepper; spoon hot mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Cornbread Crust Batter evenly over hot filling mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and set.