southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is one of my favorite dishes to make with leftover ham. It is great for using up that ham thats leftover from Thanksgiving, Christmas, or sunday dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen seasoning, blend
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped collard greens
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1Sauté ham in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add chicken broth, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until broth begins to thicken.
- 2Bring mixture to a boil, and add seasoning blend and collard greens; return to a boil, and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes. Stir in black-eyed peas and crushed red pepper; spoon hot mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Cornbread Crust Batter evenly over hot filling mixture.
- 3Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and set.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham-And-Greens Pot Pie With Cornbread Crust
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.9
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 855.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 31.7 g