Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty dish with a flavor reminiscent of Pasta Carbonara. It will make your family happy for breakfast, for a weekend brunch, or as breakfast-for-dinner some night when you're too busy for real cooking.
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 onion (more or less to taste)
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat a little oil in a large, iron skillet.
- Slice onion thinly then quarter the slices.
- Cook onions and ham on medium-high until onions are soft and ham is lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add eggs. Cook, stirring often, until eggs are about half done.
- Add Parmesan and black pepper.
- Cook until eggs are set.
- Serve hot with good bread.
Great scrambled eggs with a little bit something special added to them! I halved the recipe for my DH and I although I did use the full 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese. I would probably use 1/2 cup if I were to make the whole recipe. These have great flavor and are simple to make for a weekday breakfast or dinner. Made for the September Photo Challenge "Breakfast Anytime"!