Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Czech/Slovak breakfast; deli ham and eggs. You can use salami if you don't have ham; it tastes great that way too.
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices deli ham or 3 slices salami
- 1⁄16 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- In non stick pan spray Pam.
- Layer the ham; flip or make sure ham is overlapping.
- Break 2 eggs on top of ham.
- Sprinkle on paprika, salt and pepper and dill weed; don't go crazy.
- Cover with lid.
- Simmer until whites are done; you may need a teaspoon of water to set egg whites.
- Rudy likes his egg yolk hard so I cook a little longer with the water for him.
Easy and delicious, not having to make Hollandaise sauce was a big plus! Thanks for posting! Made for I RECOMMEND Holiday tag game. 2012
What a nice change from the usual ham and egg breakfast. The flavors were subtle and it was a pretty presentation. Quick, simple and tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I had a thick slice of double smoked ham which was the perfect size for my small frypan, the first egg broke on me going in but the second was fine so I ended up with one done hard the other nice and soft and the ham had gone slightly crispy and with the zing from the hot smoked paprika and the flavour of the dill it was a very filling and tasty breakfast. Thank you Dienia B. made for Went To Market.