Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Scrumptious! I added a few more eggs to stretch it out (good sandwich filling for lunches), used celery instead of green peppers, chopped dill pickle, as well as a teaspoon of dried dill since I didn't have the relish. This is a great recipe hot w/cheese but nearly as good cold on wheat. I could take or leave the pickles/relish.
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced green peppers
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 6 hoagie sandwich buns
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first 8 ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place bottom halves of rolls on a baking sheet; spread 1/4 cup ham mixture on each.
- Sprinkle each evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Replace the roll tops and broil 1 minute.
- Serve warm.