Recipe by alijen
A twist on the traditional egg salad. I came up with this on one of those clean out the 'fridge afternoons. Either put on rolls with lettuce or tomato or enjoy plain!
Top Review by I'mPat
So easy to make and so tasty. I scaled this back to use 4 eggs and served it on buttered wholemeal rolls with crispy iceberg lettuce. A yummy lunch we all enjoyed. Thank you alijen, made for Bargain Basement tag game.
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml capers, rinsed and drained
- 59.14 ml finely minced onion
- 59.14 ml finaly chopped celery
- 236.59 ml cooked ham, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Either boil your eggs, cool them, and peel them, or continue on to the next steps.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, and remove the yolks, reserving the whites.
- In a large bowl, mix the yolks with the mustard, salt, pepper, pepper sauce, mayonnaise, capers, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, coarsely chop the egg whites, add the ham, and then blend this mixture into the seasoned yolks.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours, until ready to serve.