A twist on the traditional egg salad. I came up with this on one of those clean out the 'fridge afternoons. Either put on rolls with lettuce or tomato or enjoy plain!
- Either boil your eggs, cool them, and peel them, or continue on to the next steps.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, and remove the yolks, reserving the whites.
- In a large bowl, mix the yolks with the mustard, salt, pepper, pepper sauce, mayonnaise, capers, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, coarsely chop the egg whites, add the ham, and then blend this mixture into the seasoned yolks.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours, until ready to serve.
So easy to make and so tasty. I scaled this back to use 4 eggs and served it on buttered wholemeal rolls with crispy iceberg lettuce. A yummy lunch we all enjoyed. Thank you alijen, made for Bargain Basement tag game.