Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A twist on the traditional egg salad. I came up with this on one of those clean out the 'fridge afternoons. Either put on rolls with lettuce or tomato or enjoy plain!
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml capers, rinsed and drained
- 59.14 ml finely minced onion
- 59.14 ml finaly chopped celery
- 236.59 ml cooked ham, diced
- Either boil your eggs, cool them, and peel them, or continue on to the next steps.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, and remove the yolks, reserving the whites.
- In a large bowl, mix the yolks with the mustard, salt, pepper, pepper sauce, mayonnaise, capers, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, coarsely chop the egg whites, add the ham, and then blend this mixture into the seasoned yolks.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours, until ready to serve.
So easy to make and so tasty. I scaled this back to use 4 eggs and served it on buttered wholemeal rolls with crispy iceberg lettuce. A yummy lunch we all enjoyed. Thank you alijen, made for Bargain Basement tag game.