Recipe by Jewelies
Great for breakfast, picnics or just a snack.
Top Review by DDW
Impressive dish for something that was quick and easy to make! I used 2 thin slices of black forest ham per cup - it gave the tops a nice "ruffled" look. Subbed green onion for the chives and diced grape tomatoes for cherry. Sprinkled with S&P - heavy on the pepper and and Parmesan cheese. Very tasty! I baked the full 18 minutes and let rest 5. I made 8 and only one of the yolks was soft with a little run to it. Will cook just a little less next time because we like the yolk a little runny. Thanks for sharing, this one is a keeper!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 slices ham (thin)
- 12 eggs
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Lightly oil a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Line moulds with a slice of ham so the ends stick out over the top.
- Break an egg into each hollow, top with tomato and scatter with chives, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until egg is set.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around each mould to loosen ham.
- Cool on rack.