Recipe by Jini
My brand new husband described this pie as his mother made it. I developed the recipe from his description and the entire family relished it throughout our 52 years of marriage.
Top Review by KingdomKate
With Easter coming soon, I decided I wanted to make an old family favorite, ham & egg pie. My Mom passed away two years ago so I was trying to figure out how I could recreate the recipe. It occurred to me that I might find something on the internet, so I search for a ham and egg pie recipe and was delighted to find this one. It took me a few moments to realize who posted this recipe almost eight years ago - my Mom! I don't know if it ever occurred to her that I might find this recipe years later, but somehow I believe she did. What a joy this is! It is a great recipe for leftover ham and colored eggs - enjoy! We sure did for many years.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced (leftover from Easter?)
- 2 cups diced ham (leftover from Easter?)
- 2 cups very thick white sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard, added to the cooked white sauce
- 1 recipe pie crust, for a two-crust 9 inch pie (Use a packaged pie crust to save time.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line pie plate with one crust.
- Spread half of the ham across it.
- Then spread the diced hard-boiled eggs on top of the ham.
- Spread the other half of the ham on top of the eggs.
- Pour the white sauce evenly over the ham and eggs.
- Top with the second crust-- crimping the edges tightly and cutting vent holes.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour, until the crust is golden brown.