My brand new husband described this pie as his mother made it. I developed the recipe from his description and the entire family relished it throughout our 52 years of marriage.
- Line pie plate with one crust.
- Spread half of the ham across it.
- Then spread the diced hard-boiled eggs on top of the ham.
- Spread the other half of the ham on top of the eggs.
- Pour the white sauce evenly over the ham and eggs.
- Top with the second crust-- crimping the edges tightly and cutting vent holes.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour, until the crust is golden brown.