Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Something I saw Iaan Hewitson do on TV, which I tried. Good for guests for a Brunch.
- 6 slices of good quality round ham
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 6 teaspoons cream
- parmesan cheese, grated, to your taste
- parsley, chopped, to your taste
- Spray a 6 hole muffin tin with olive oil or canola oil.
- Line each muffin hole with a slice of ham and then break an egg into each hole. Add salt and pepper to taste, then top with a teaspoon of cream.
- Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese then the chopped parsley.
- Put into the top of a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius, or 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for approximately 7 to 8 minutes until egg is cooked.
- Serve with sour dough bread toast.
I was about to add this recipe until I found yours! I use 1/2 tbsp. cream. I use large eggs and standard sized muffin tins and have never run over the edges.
I garnish with green onions instead of parsley.
And mine typically take 13-15 minutes to bake at 350.
But these are DELISH - so easy to make and relatively healthy!
This is a great recipe..I found round ham (boars head) and some round gouda cheese pre-sliced. I place two pieces of ham , the egg, a slice of tomato and the whole slice of gouda cheese on top...salt & pepper. I forgot the cream or milk but it worked out fine. sprinkled with paprika and garnished with shopped parsley. Would be good with mixed fruit bowl or just about anything for a breakfast side dish. Lots of variations could be applied. Thank you for posting.
Was just about to post this recipe after seeing it in NZ Listener magazine. Apparently the original recipe came from Jill Dupliex's book "Totally Simple Food". It was also on Australian TV made by Ian Hewitson. We had this for lunch today and really enjoyed it. I used small slices of peppered ham which I overlapped around in each muffin tin. (spray tins first) I also tipped off a little of the egg white before sliding each egg into the tins. Didn't have any cream so used a little low fat milk and that worked fine. Served these with grilled tomatoes and wholewheat toast. :)