Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a spicy breakfast casserole. This can be served for brunch or dinner. Serve with a side of rice, beans and mangos.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ham, diced
- 8 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- 8 eggs
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, cut into 8 slices
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onions, cook and stir 2 minutes. Add ham and olives; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Lightly beat eggs with wire whisk in medium bowl. Add eggs to skillet; cook until eggs are set but still soft.
- Spoon 1/3 cup egg mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; top with 1 Tbl cheese. Roll tortillas up and place seam side down in 11x7 baking dish.
- Combine enchilada sauce and salsa together and pour evenly over enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes; uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve each enchilada with a slice of avocado and 1 T sour cream.
This is a *terrific* spicy breakfast. I wouldn't change a thing. Good thing it served 8 because the 4 of us had seconds!!! I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe. ~V
This is definately a spicy breakfast casserole. I made this using corn tortillas and reducing the recipe to serve 4. I used 6 corn tortillas and the full amount of enchilada sauce as I dipped the tortillas into warmed sauce to soften in order to roll. Served this with fresh melon.