Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead this needs to be refrigerated for 6-8 hours before baking, I have left the green onions and cayenne pepper as optional you may add them in or omit, I like to add in for extra flavor, 1 pound cooked Italian sausages meat may be used in place of the ham --- this makes a wonderful weekend brunch!
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This makes a great breakfast. My family loves breakfast casseroles. I followed your recipe except I used breakfast sausage instead of ham. I did not use cayenne pepper or green onions(my DD hates onions). I used milk. Made for Kitten's tagathon.
- 12 slice bread (cubed into about 1-inch cubes, can use white or whole wheat or both)
- 709.77 ml cubed cooked ham
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese (can use a little more)
- 7 large eggs
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 354.88 ml half-and-half cream or 354.88 ml milk
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the bread cubes into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ham and shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with baking powder, half and half cream, seasoned salt, dry mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne (if using).
- Mix in green onions.
- Pour over the bread cubes in the pan.
- Cover and chill for at least 6-8 hours.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 50-50 minutes. (This cannot be correct.).
- Allow to stand for about 5-7 minutes before slicing.