You can have this 'pizza' any time of day, breakfast is especially good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 red bell peppers (or 1 of each colour) or 3 green bell peppers (or 1 of each colour) or 3 yellow bell peppers, cut into thin strips (or 1 of each colour)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup finely-diced cooked ham
- 1Cook peppers and onion in butter until vegetables are softened; add ham and remove from heat.
- 2(may be made 1 day in advance) Make dough: Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add butter and blend until it resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add milk and stir until mixture just forms a dough.
- 4Gather into a ball.
- 5On a lightly-floured surface, knead dough 6 times and cut into 6 equal pieces.
- 6Roll each piece into a 7 inch round, form a ½ inch high rim on each round by turning edge of dough up and pinching until shell measures 5 inches.
- 7Transfer to a buttered, large baking sheet.
- 8Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 9Divide cheese among shells and top with bell-pepper mixture, making an indentation in the center.
- 10Crack and drop an egg carefully into each indentation.
- 11Bake in middle of oven for 12-15 minutes, or until yolks are just set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Egg Biscuit Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.9
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 337.4 mg
- Sodium 1170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 30.1 g