1/1 Photo of Ham and Dijon Croissant Sandwiches
Melt-in-your-mouth baked croissant sandwiches of thinly sliced ham, Swiss cheese, and a delicious buttery Dijon and poppy-seed sauce! Perfect for luncheons or entertaining, or packed into picnic lunches; great served warm, or at room temperature. Use as much ham and cheese as you like! Sandwiches are easily made up in advance and individually wrapped in foil, then refrigerated or frozen (use a freezer bag) for later use. Defrost overnight in the fridge, then bake as directed. Or, if frozen, bake at 300 F for about 1/2 hour until warm. If using mini-rolls, you may place them in a buttered baking dish and bake for the specified amount of time (no need to individually wrap)--I've also microwaved them. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a small bowl, combine softened butter with the Dijon, chopped onion, and poppyseeds.
- 3Spread generously onto both (inner) sides of the split croissants.
- 4Place one slice each of ham and Swiss cheese into each croissant, and replace tops.
- 5Wrap each croissant or Hawaiian roll in a square of foil, sealing carefully. At this point sandwiches may be baked right away, or refrigerate or freeze (use a freezer bag) for later use.
- 6Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 15-20 minutes, until hot. If frozen, bake at 300 F for about 25-30 minutes, until heated through.
- 7Serve hot, or at room temperature. Good sides are soup or salad, and fresh fruit for dessert.
- 8NOTE: If using mini-rolls, you may bake them in a buttered baking dish (no need to individually wrap).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Dijon Croissant Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 891.1
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 1161.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: