Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A few years a go, an employee of mine brought these to our office Christmas party. I got a couple, (never had them before), when no one was looking I went back for a few more. After that I couldn't stand it I made a complete pig of myself. They are great! I've make them so much for parties what use to take 2 hours prep time takes 30 minutes.
- 1⁄2 lb square shaped deli ham (I use the smoked flavored or honey flavored)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (to make it faster I use the already softened cream cheese that comes in small tubs)
- 3 green onions, chopped very fine
- Mix cream cheese with onion.
- Spread on ham slices.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Insert tooth picks every inch.
- Slice every inch.
- Arrange on a round serving platter in a circle all the way to the center.
My rating is not for the rollups, as I haven't tried them yet, but for your introduction of the recipe! I really laughed at the thought of you sneaking back to the table, and then losing control and making a pig of yourself! Hilarious!
Love this, so simple and delicious. I replace the green onions with jalapeños sometimes, reminds me of a cold, low carb jalapeño popper. Yummy
thanks so much for a blast from the past!! used to love these, i had a great aunt that didn't think anyone could get together without a plate of these and it brought back great memories......i used softenend cream cheese with chive and onion and still added green tops of the onions......and added a sprinkle of garlic powder over all before rolling......yum!! one happy hive here, thanks again!