Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great way to deal with leftovers. Found in "Ways to cook meat 1978".
- 1 cup ham, ground
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, crispy cooked, chopped
- 2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Arrange the ham or cold meat on the bottom of a shallow pie dish or baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add the flour, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Add the milk gradually and cook over heat until the mixture thickens, stirring all the time.
- Add the onion, corn and eggs. Mix well. Do not boil.
- Remove from the heat and turn into the pie or baking dish.
- Put in a pan of hot water and bake in a 375°F oven for 45 minutes or until the mixture is firm.