1/1 Photo of Ham and Corn Cases
Got this years ago from the good old Womans Weekly, great quick snack and a great way to use up left over bread!!! I sometimes pop in some chesse as well. Cases can be frozen for 2 months and reheated in an oven for 10 minutes. The filling can also be frozen for 2 months but thaw filling before reheating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove crust from bread flatten bread with a rolling pin and cut bread into rounds using a 7cm plain cutter.
- 2Press bread rounds into greased patty pans and brush bread cases with melted butter.
- 3Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cases stand in pans for 5 minutes before removing.
- 4Serve bread cases with warm ham and corn filling decorated with red strips of pepper if desired.
- 5Ham and Corn Filling (Can be done in microwave).
- 6Melt butter in a medium saucepan add shallots and leg ham stir over a low heat until shallots are just soft. Add flour, stir over medium heat for a further minute and gradually stir in milk, stir over low heat until mixture boils and thickens stir in corn kernels. I pop the filled cases back in the oven for a few minutes before serving, but you dont have to.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Corn Cases
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 297.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g