Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this years ago from the good old Womans Weekly, great quick snack and a great way to use up left over bread!!! I sometimes pop in some chesse as well. Cases can be frozen for 2 months and reheated in an oven for 10 minutes. The filling can also be frozen for 2 months but thaw filling before reheating.
- 20 slices white bread
- 125 g butter, melted
- 30 g butter
- 3 finely chopped green shallots
- 100 g finely chopped leg ham
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 310 g corn kernels, drained
- Remove crust from bread flatten bread with a rolling pin and cut bread into rounds using a 7cm plain cutter.
- Press bread rounds into greased patty pans and brush bread cases with melted butter.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cases stand in pans for 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve bread cases with warm ham and corn filling decorated with red strips of pepper if desired.
- Ham and Corn Filling (Can be done in microwave).
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan add shallots and leg ham stir over a low heat until shallots are just soft. Add flour, stir over medium heat for a further minute and gradually stir in milk, stir over low heat until mixture boils and thickens stir in corn kernels. I pop the filled cases back in the oven for a few minutes before serving, but you dont have to.
So easy to prepare and absolutely delicious to eat!! :o)
Tisme,these are very good!They would go great on an appitizer table.I followed the directions exactly and they turned out perfect.Next time I think I will add cheese too since we're cheese freaks!Thanks for posting!