This is a great make ahead appetizer. Also good when served with soup, such as my Corn Chowder. The sauce/spread is particularly good. This has been modified from an old Holiday Appetizer magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (or one large egg)
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lb sliced deli ham
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Spray 36 mini muffin tins with cooking oil spray.
- 3Whisk dry ingredients together.
- 4Whisk together the milk, oil, egg or substitute, and dried chives. Let this mixture set for a couple of minutes to soften chives and bring out their flavor.
- 5Stir wet and dry ingredients together until just blended.
- 6Spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full.
- 7Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned (my oven takes 17-18 minutes). Cool on racks.
- 8These can be made ahead, sealed in plastic bags and refrigerated or even frozen.
- 9Mix honey, mustard, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 10This can also be made ahead if covered and refrigerated (only for a day or two).
- 11To assemble: Cut each muffin in half crosswise, spread each half with honey sauce.
- 12Drape ham slices over bottom half, letting some hang over sides. Replace muffin top.
- 13Arrange on a platter; garnish with fresh chives or parsley. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until about 1/2 hour before serving. Or serve right away.
- 14These are best if they come back to room temperature before eating.
Browse Our Top Potluck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Chive Mini Muffin Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 172.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: