Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
This is my favorite pasta to make for the family.
Top Review by The Portugarians
I found this recipe on another website while trying to figure out what to do with leftover spiral ham. I was going to enter it on this website so I could put it in my cookbook, but now I don't have to! My whole family loves this. Both times that I've made it they have had seconds and even thirds, which is unheard of for my two oldest elementary school aged boys!
I used the cuisinart to chop up the ham pretty small, and a combination of colby and colby jack because that's what I had on hand. I have made this with shells and elbows, and it hss tuned out great both times.
My assumption is that this is a Gold Medal flour recipe. As an aside, the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the GM flour bag is incredible! It's the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I ever make anymore, and absolutely everyone who has tried them asks for therecipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked ziti pasta (9 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded colby cheese (8 ounces)
- 4 ounces sliced cooked deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Cook garlic in butter 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Stir in flour and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in mustard and Colby cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Stir pasta and ham into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.