This recipe is adapted from a Pampered Chef recipe out of their 2004 Spring / Summer "Season's Best" cookbook. The original recipe calls for iceburg lettuce, tomatoes and green bell peppers, but I have made some changes to adapt for our family's taste. This is a great base start and the combination possabilities are endless.
- 6 slices whole wheat sandwich wraps, I use Italian flavored or 6 slices flour tortillas
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 12 slices ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 12 slices bacon, pre-cooked strips
- 1⁄4 cup banana pepper ring (optional, also known as pepperochini's)
- Combine cream cheese, honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto one side of each flat bread wrap.
- Add layer of spinach over cream cheese mixture, then layer of ham (2 slices per wrap). Press down firmly.
- Add layer of sliced swiss cheese (1 slice per wrap), then layer with bacon (2 slices per wrap).
- Add pepperochini's as an option.
- Roll each wrap, then cut diagonally with a serated (bread) knife.