Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
My daughter doesn't like sandwiches (makes lunch bags difficult!) but gave the "go-ahead" when she saw your photo. I used Recipe #117322 (since I had it on hand) and it worked really well, since it makes really puffy rolls I didn't even need to let rise for the second time). They turned out like your photo, too! This is the third day I've put them in my daughter's lunch and I haven't heard any complaints. Thanks Calee! Roxygirl
- 250 g ham (sliced thin deli ham works best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- bread dough (i use Kittencal's Hamburger/Burger Buns)
Directions See How It's Made
- Following the great directions of Kittencal's bun recipe after the first rise punch dough down.
- Cut into 16 equal pieces.
- Form a thin ropes making sure the dough has an even thickness that measures 16 inches in length.
- Cut deli ham into strips to fit over dough.
- Fold dough ropes in half and take each end and twist 4 times.
- Roll in grated cheese.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. May need two baking sheets or more depending on the size of your sheets. Leave space between each twist.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.