a great main dish, or side dish, served with a meat dinner.
Make and share this Ham and Cheese Stuffed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and pat dry potatoes.
- Rub each potato with shortening.
- Prick potatoes several times with fork.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees.
- Cut in half, and scoop out inside leaving shell, and place on a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes for 1 minute.
- Add butter,onion,eggs, and pepper.
- Continue until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold in one cup cheese and 1 cup ofcheese, 1/2 cup of ham, fill potato shells with mixture .
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese , and 1/2 cup of ham.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are throughly heated, and cheese is melted.
My potato was HUGE! So I used one potato and halved the recipe. Adjusted the cooking time to my potato size. Worked perfectly! I reduced the amount of onion and could still taste it....so I'd probably reduce it more. Loved the ham and cheese combo, and making a baked potato a full meal! Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
Made 1/2 as written and 1/2 subbing in peppers and broccoli for me. The eggs in this recipe made these taste more like the store bought frozen twice baked potatoes that I love. I'd have to say the original ham/cheese was better then my veggie makeovers. Very good recipe!
Ooooh these were so tasty!! I really enjoyed the flavor! I made 2 large potatoes and 2 small potatoes so I added another egg and a little extra cheese. SO good! My family really enjoyed these. Made for the holiday prmr '09. Thanks