Prep 25 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 4 large idaho baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange oven rack in bottom third of oven.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Prick potatoes twice with fork.
- Cook in microwave on high 12-14 minutes turning halfway through.
- Wrap potatoes tightly with foil and let stand 3 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch thick shells.
- Transfer potatoes filling to a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients except paprika.
- Divide and fill shells with stuffing; sprinkle tops with paprika.
- Arrange potatoes on jelly-roll pan.
- Bake 5 minutes, until browned on top.
One of the things i like about recipezaar.Theres allways new recipes added I,v never tried before. This one was so easy and good at the same time. A full Tbsp of sour cream with chopped onions and garlic on top, hit the spot. Very good.7 stars for this one.;>)
Well the overall recipe was great, but the problem we ran into was that the potato skins fell apart when we were scooping them out so we could not re-stuff the filling into them so we just used hash brown rings (get them from any resturant supply store) so they were stuffed, just not back into there skins!