Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Juicy field mushrooms stuffed with ham and mozzarella - a delicious light lunch that's ready in just 15 minutes. These mushrooms work well as a dinner party appetizer, as well as a quick main meal.
- 10 large field mushrooms, wiped and stalks removed
- 3 1⁄2 ounces wafer-thin smoked ham, chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces mixed salad leaves
- Finely chop two of the field mushrooms and mix together in a bowl with the smoked ham, mozzarella and crushed garlic, then season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fill the remaining eight mushrooms with the mixture.
- Put the mushrooms in a large oven dish, drizzle with the olive oil and cook for 7 mins on high. Serve on top of the salad leaves, and make sure you have plenty of crusty bread to mop up the juices.