Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A yummy 5 minute prep casserole. from an old kraft magazine.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 9 ounces ham, chopped (about 1 1/8 cups )
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- preheat oven to 375.
- Beat eggs, milk and sour cream with wire wisk until well blended.
- Add broccoli, stuffing , ham and half of the cheese. Mix together.
- pour mixture into 2 quart baking dish or 9-inch pie plate.
- cover loosely with foil.
- bake 1 hour.
- Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 mins more until cheese is melted and it is cooked through.
I got this recipe from a friend and made it for the third time tonight. This time I used microwave bacon instead of ham (I didn't cook it though). I also didn't defrost the broccoli and it was fine. This is a great way to get picky eaters to eat eggs! Perhaps this should go unmentioned, but it is worth it to take the time to grease your baking dish. Thanks for posting it here.
Not bad. I used chicken and cut back on the eggs (3) because of the cholesterol. I think next time I would substitute cream of chicken soup for the milk. But overall I will try this again with some changes. Good one dish meal.
Wowser....this was fabulous! The whole family went nuts over this! The flavors...ham, broccoli, cheese, stuffing...just melded together so perfectly. This was so good and easy. I was specifically looking for something to use up left-over ham and I had some sour cream left. So, this was perfect-o. Try this one...you won't be sorry! I'll be making this again very soon and I think it would be good with left-over chicken as well!!