Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great recipe for a brunch!
- 16 slices white bread, crusts removed and bread cubed
- 5 1⁄4 ounces boursin cheese, round (if Boursin is unavailable, a herb or garlic cream cheese may be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb sliced or cubed ham
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- slivered almonds
- Combine Boursin and mayonnaise in large bowl and cream together. Add eggs, one at a time, then mix in cream.
- Place a layer of bread in a greased casserole dish (9x11). Add a layer of ham and cheese. Continue layering bread, ham, and cheese, ending with a layer of bread.
- Pour Boursin mixture over bread, ham, and cheese, covering bread completely. Sprinkle almonds over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Allow strata to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until center of strata is set. Uncover strata during the last few minutes of baking to allow for browning.