Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great brunch recipe, and serves quite a few people, remember, this souffle needs to sit in the fridge overnight, so prepare a day ahead, which is great, as it gives you more time to spend with friends and family......oh, and may I add, this souffle is delicious!
- 16 slices white bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 16 slices ham, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish
- In the baking dish, layer half of the bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese
- Combine eggs, milk, mustard and onion salt; pour over layered mixtured
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight
- Remove from refrigerator 30 mins before baking
- Combine cornflakes and melted butter; sprinkle over top
- Bake for 40 mins, or until hot and bubbly.
Very rich but awesome recipe. It's a perfect recipe for leftover ham that you have no idea what to do with.