Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I first had this at a brunch about 18 years ago. It was so good, I got the recipe and have made it for either brunch or weekend breakfasts since then. It is good with either a fruit salad for breakfast, or a green salad and white wine for brunch or a light dinner. Especially great since it can be made the night before and popped in the oven when you need it! For a change, substitute cheddar cheese for the Swiss cheese.Prep time does not include chill time.
Top Review by Cindy in Oklahoma
WOW, this recipe is great!!! I used crusty french bread and the baked presentation was beautiful. This will become my Christmas Eve souffle as well as a regular for breakfasts for several. I used a lot of Tabasco and it didn't add heat that I could tell.
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 3 cups swiss cheese, cubed
- 3 cups French bread, cubed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ham, cheese, and bread in a buttered 3 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with flour and dry mustard mixed together.
- Sprinkle with Tabasco sauce as desired.
- Mix milk with beaten eggs and pour over all.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour or until puffy and golden on top.
- Serve immediately.