1/3 Photos of Ham and Cheese Scones
Barb Gertz's Note:
A good nutritious breakfast-on-the-go. Weight-watchers points per serving-4. The recipe comes from weight-watchers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole-grain wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled,cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (can use regular cheese)
- 1/3 cup cooked ham, sliced,cubed,or shredded,finely chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup flour
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Coat a metal baking sheet with cooking and set aside.
- 3Combine first 2 Flours, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- 4Cut in margarine with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in cheese and ham.
- 5In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg whites with a fork.
- 6Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 7Place dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 to 6 times.
- 8Place dough on baking sheet and pat into 8-inch circle; cut dough into 8 wedges; Separate a little.
- 9Bake until slightly browned; about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Scones
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 292.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g