Recipe by Barb G.
A good nutritious breakfast-on-the-go. Weight-watchers points per serving-4. The recipe comes from weight-watchers.
Top Review by TGirl,RN
Fabulous !! My house smells wonderful, and the taste is even better!!! So simple to make, too!! I didn't have any whole wheat flour, so I just used regular (unbleached, all purpose) flour--the taste is still fabulous!! This will be a regular 'on the go' breakfast for me..couldn't be easier to make! thanks a million for posting!! TERESA
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole-grain wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled,cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (can use regular cheese)
- 1⁄3 cup cooked ham, sliced,cubed,or shredded,finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a metal baking sheet with cooking and set aside.
- Combine first 2 Flours, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in margarine with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in cheese and ham.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg whites with a fork.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Place dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 to 6 times.
- Place dough on baking sheet and pat into 8-inch circle; cut dough into 8 wedges; Separate a little.
- Bake until slightly browned; about 20 minutes.