1/1 Photo of Ham and Cheese Scones
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped ham (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder,sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Stir in cheese and ham.
- 5Combine buttermilk and egg whites,stirring with a whisk.
- 6Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 7Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 to 5 times with floured hands.
- 8Pat dough into an 8-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 9Cut dough into 8 wedges, cutting into but not through dough.
- 10Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Scones
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 550.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g