Recipe by Annacia
Use your favorite unsliced loaf of bakery bread in this easy recipe. I prefer a garlic sourdough, with a nice chewy crust.
Top Review by Debbwl
Loved these sandwiches. The bell pepper, horseradish, mustard and swiss complement the ham so well and the sourdough is the perfect bread for this sandwich. Served with breezemom's Recipe #366061 on the side and boy what a great lunch that made. The two recipes Really work well together. Thanks so much for the post.
- 1 lb loaf sourdough bread, unsliced (not round)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, if desired (optional)
- 8 slices cooked ham
- 16 slices swiss cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 8 thin rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice loaf into 16 equal slices, cutting to but not through bottom of loaf.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, mustard and horseradish.
- Spread every other slice of the bread with this mixture, beginning with first slice, so the coated slices are facing each other. Imagine cutting the loaf to make sandwiches, and that will help you figure out which sides of the bread slices to coat.
- Fill the coated slices with one slice of ham, one slice of cheese and green pepper rings. Wrap well in plastic wrap and chill. To serve, cut between unfilled slices to form sandwiches.