Recipe by Dreamgoddess
A friend at work brought these rolls for us to try, and boy were they good! They are super easy to make.
Top Review by KeyWee
This was a hit! I made the recipe exactly as posted (except I doubled it for a larger crowd) and I used Dijon mustard because that's what I had on hand. My local store has nifty little mini Kaiser rolls, so I used 24 of those. I made the dressing and then assembled all these ahead of time (such a time-saver!), wrapped in foil and refrigerated until time to bake. I had to tell people they were NOT baked potatoes though, when I set them out on the buffet table. Once one was unwrapped, the rest just disappeared! Thanks, DG!
- 12 dinner rolls
- 12 pieces deli ham
- 12 slices swiss cheese or 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut each dinner roll in half.
- On the bottom half of each roll, put a slice of ham and cheese.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, poppy seeds, onion and mustard.
- Spread on the other half of each roll.
- Lay the top half of each roll on top of the ham and cheese.
- Wrap each roll in foil.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.