1/6 Photos of Ham and Cheese Rösti
From Eating Well magazine March/April 2007. This is a simple dinner. All you need to add is a vegetable and dinner is on the table in under a half hour. This would also work well for a nice and easy brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg in a large bowl. Stir in ham, 1/2 cup cheese, shallot, rosemary, pepper, and salt. Add frozen potatoes and stir to combine.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 3When oil is hot (test with a drop of water; oil should sputter, but should not be smoking), pat potato mixture into an even round in the pan. Cover and cook until browned and crispy on the bottom, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from heat.
- 5Place a rimless baking sheet on top. Wearing oven mitts, grasp the pan and baking sheet together and carefully invert, umolding the rosti onto the baking sheet.
- 6Wipe out any browned bits from the skillet.
- 7Return it to the heat and add the remaining oil. Slide rosti back into the pan, browned side up.
- 8Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, cover and cook the second side until crispy and browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 9Slide onto a platter and let stand 5 minutes.
- 10Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Rösti
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 411.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 14.0 g