Recipe by 4martinsx5
Again, my mother-in-law served this for us although without the peppers. It is soooo good! For a variety try with bacon and the peppers can be omitted.
Top Review by WJKing
PERFECT quiche! I was in search of a low-carb quiche to serve at my weekend scrapbooking event - and this was one I chose. I think virtually everyone ate seconds - YUMMY! I substituted bacon (cooked it a bit first), and omitted the pepper - will make it again as directed w/ ham & sweet pepper. It was DELICIOUS! A 10-star keeper! SIMPLE too! (I could even prepared this while 1/2 asleep)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 ounces swiss cheese
- 13 ounces chopped ham or 13 ounces chipped ham
- 1 medium sweet pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, cream cheese, cream and spices Layer cheese, ham, 1/2 pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over ham and cheese.
- Top with remaining pepper.
- Bake at 350 50-55 minutes Test doneness with a toothpick- if it comes out dry it's done.
- Let set 15 minutes before serving.