1 hr 10 mins
This was a daily staple of The Market Fare. It's a satisfying, filling main dish, that uses "normal" ingredients. Even the crust--my mother's recipe--is easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PIE CRUST:.
- 2In mixing bowl, place flour.
- 3Add salt. Mix to combine.
- 4Cut in shortening till crumbs are the size of croutons.
- 5Add water.
- 6Mix with fork till well blended (yes, that's all there is to it!).
- 7Roll out on lightly floured dough board to about 1/16" to 1/8" thickness.
- 8Wrap dough around your rolling pin and unroll it over your pie pan, making sure it covers the edges of the pan.
- 9Press dough down into the crevices of the pie pan (it'll shrink when baking).
- 10Trim edges, and flute, if you wish.
- 11Place in 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, just till the pie shell is a bit dry.
- 12Remove from oven, and using a plastic spatula, press out the bubbles.
- 13Set pie crust aside.
- 15Mix all filling ingredients together till well blended.
- 16Pour into pie crust.
- 17Place on center rack, in 350 degree oven.
- 18Bake for 45 minutes, or till knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 19Remove from oven. Let set 5 minutes.
- 20Serve with green salad and a fruit cup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.9
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 200.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: