Recipe by Pam in B.C.
A good use of leftover ham. These are great with a bowl of soup. You can use any cheese you wish. The freeze well and heat up nicely in the microwave.
Top Review by *Z*
Excellent!!!I added a half cup more of both the ham and the cheese b/c we like more stuff than biscuit. It turned out great!! I should have made a double batch, they went fast!I wasn't sure if I should take it off of the heat when I added the flour and eggs, so I did and it worked just fine.Definately a make again recipe!! I made mine Tablespoon-drop size and it made about 38 of them. I made them to go with chili, but they would be good for breakfast too. Just make them bigger! Yummy!!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely diced ham
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, butter and salt in medium saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Add flour all at once and beat with a wooden spoon until the batter leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add eggs one at a time using a beater.
- Beat well after each egg.
- Beat until dough i s smooth and shiny.
- Stir in cheese, ham and mustard.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.