Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
A rolled-up omelet cooked in the oven.
Top Review by Bergy
Fabulous flavor. I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs and made it stove top. I used 1 wedge of lite laughing cow cheese and 2 slices of lite processed cheese. Apprx 1 generous tsp of flour. Just under 1/4 cup milk. Painting the omelet with Dijon mustard gives it that extra flavor boost - A definite "do again" recipe. Wonderful for a special "company" Brunch. I made it for dinner for myself and it was very satisfying.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 1⁄4 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom and sides of a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add flour and salt; mix until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until blended.
- Add the cream cheese mixture; mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375°F oven for 30-35 minutes or until eggs or puffed and set.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately spread with mustard and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle with ham, onions and 1 more cup of cheese.
- Roll up the omelet from a short side.
- Peeling parchment paper away while rolling, sprinkle top of roll with remaining cheese and bake 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.