Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great dish to make for a brunch. It not only has your normal omelet ingredients but it add the veggies in it too. It is a tasty dish, I hope you try it for yourself.
- 10 ounces frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce
- 10 1⁄4 ounces Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 10 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper, if desired
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cut small slit into center of broccoli and cheese sauce pouch.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating pouch 1/4 turn once halfway through cooking, set aside to cool slightly.
- Spray bottom only of 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits.
- Cut each into 8 pieces; arrange evenly in sprayed dish.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper with wire whisk until well blended.
- Stir in onion, both cheeses, mushrooms and broccoli cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture over biscuits in dish.
- Press down with back of spoon, making sure all biscuit pieces are covered with egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares.
This was absolutely delicious!! I made it for brunch and there were no leftovers at all. The broccoli was a great addition and I never would have thought of using frozen broccoli in cheese sauce, but it worked really well. I also used deli ham (black forest ham). It was an incredibly easy recipe to make. Thank you!
This was perfect! So many baked egg dishes taste "heavy" to me, but not this one. The eggs are nice and fluffy with just the right amount of cheese, and the biscuits make a delicious, flavorful crust. I didn't add the mushrooms (some of my co-workers don't like them), and used a tube of store-brand, 16 oz. biscuits. I also chopped the broccoli into uniform pieces after cooking and before adding to the mixture. Deli ham worked well in this. Everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. Wonderful, and so EASY to prepare. A big THANK YOU for this great recipe!