Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is very versatile, you can add in veggies such as mushrooms, green pepper, jalapenos anything you wish! Make certain to grease your baking dish very well, I use Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) (absolutely nothing will stick to your pans when you use this!)... This makes a quick weekend brunch or a weeknight dinner... you will LOVE this!
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 2 -3 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional,or to taste) (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees (second-lowest rack).
- Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish dish.
- In a large bowl beat eggs for about 3-4 minutes (the eggs must be frothy).
- Add in half and half cream, salt and black pepper; mix to combine.
- Add in cooked ham, green onion and 2 cups old shredded cheese; stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into the well-greased casserole dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until just set (do not over bake as the eggs will cook more after removing from oven).
- If desired sprinkle on 1 cup (or more) grated cheddar cheese immediately after baking.