Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe is very versatile, you can add in veggies such as mushrooms, green pepper, jalapenos anything you wish! Make certain to grease your baking dish very well, I use Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) (absolutely nothing will stick to your pans when you use this!)... This makes a quick weekend brunch or a weeknight dinner... you will LOVE this!
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 2 -3 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional,or to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees (second-lowest rack).
- Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish dish.
- In a large bowl beat eggs for about 3-4 minutes (the eggs must be frothy).
- Add in half and half cream, salt and black pepper; mix to combine.
- Add in cooked ham, green onion and 2 cups old shredded cheese; stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into the well-greased casserole dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until just set (do not over bake as the eggs will cook more after removing from oven).
- If desired sprinkle on 1 cup (or more) grated cheddar cheese immediately after baking.