Recipe by Wildflour
Creamy, easy and delicious! Enjoy!
Top Review by raychel4korn
I made this tonight for my family but changed up a couple of things. Used Penne Rigate instead of Egg Noodles, a little less sour cream (I ran out) and I also omitted the potato chips.... changed the cheese to cheddar and added some seasonings, but a fantastic base for a Wonderful meal. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups diced cooked ham (work really well) or 3 cups cooked ham steaks (work really well)
- 4 ounces wide or dumpling egg noodles, cooked and drained, *3 cups uncooked
- 2 cups potato chips (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute butter, onion and peppers.
- Mix soup, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper, cheese, ham and noodles.
- Mix ingredients together, pour into greased 13x9 pan or casserole dish.
- Put crushed potato chips on top.
- Bake at 350 until well heated and bubbling, about 35-40 minutes.
- *4 ounces medium noodles = 3 cups uncooked/dry noodles, and yields about 4 cups when cooked and drained.