Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are great for any meal, bake sales, food gifts, and get-togethers. This came from Quick Cooking magazine.
- 473.18 ml self-rising flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml finely chopped, fully cooked ham
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded cheese (optional)
- note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup.
- Add enough all-purpose flour to equal 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- Combine remaining ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese while still hot if desired.
This recipe couldn't be easier and it's very tasty too. I would say it was more like a scone than a muffin, but either way my 8 year old can't get enough of them. Next time I will add more ham than called for though, probably double the ham. My muffins were completely cooked in 15 minutes, but my stove is brand new and may bake a little on the hot side. I added shredded cheddar on top and kept 1/2 out to eat right away and froze the other 1/2 individually in tinfoil. I just unwrapped them and popped them in the microwave for 1 minute and they were a great breakfast on the go! I love this recipe and will be making this one again! Thanks! :)
I found that it tasted salting, and I could taste the baking soda. I didn't have self-rising flour so I used the Note. May have been better if using the self rising.
Quick and easy to make! Very tasty too.