These are great for any meal, bake sales, food gifts, and get-togethers. This came from Quick Cooking magazine.
- note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup.
- Add enough all-purpose flour to equal 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- Combine remaining ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese while still hot if desired.