Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Good use for left-over ham; kid favorite.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni in a large saucepan according to package directions; drain and return macaroni to saucepan.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except paprika.
- Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart shallow cassserole; sprinkle paprika lightly over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
This was pretty good. I made as directed, stopping before the baking part, and froze it there. When we were going to eat, I put it in the fridge the day before to thaw. I cooked it for 40 min covered, and a final 20 min uncovered. It froze and baked great. Thanks for adding to my oamc collection.
Delicious. Doubled the ham, skipped the parsley and onion (out of parsley & husband hates onion!) but added a bit of garlic. This made a really delicious meal and extremely generous serving sizes. We really liked it.
I found this recipe to use up some leftover ham. I didn't eat it ('cause I can't!) but it SMELLED terrific and my husband and daughter raved about it. This was also easier than trying to make a cheese sauce and put it all together.