Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy and delicious side dish. Goes well with ham, beef or chicken.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup diced green peppers or 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed broccoli cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 cups frozen hash browns
- In medium skillet over medium heat, heat margarine.
- Add ham, onion and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add soup, milk, mustard and potatoes.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring often.
I'm sorry to say that this recipe didn't work for me. The directions state to boil... there's no way that was enough liquid (soup & 1/2cup milk) in with all the other stuff to come to a boil- it was barely enough to stir through and coat the potatoes. I heated it through until the potatoes were done, but felt it lacked something, so wound up stirring in about 3/4 cup sour cream and some cheddar cheese, and seasoned with some garlic pepper. The end result was OK, but not something I'd likely repeat. Thanks anyway!
Delicious! I got home late tonight and was looking for something quick to make. This is awesome and tasty and filling. Thanks!!