Recipe by LeahMarie
From the Kraft Food and Family Recipe Book
Top Review by Love to Eat!!
I stumbled onto this recipe before I had lunch today and this fit the bill nicely. I made this using the little Orowheat 100 calorie sandwich rounds. I used gouda cheese, smoked ham, oregano and some red pepper flakes. Thanks for posting.
- 2 slices sourdough bread or 2 slices Italian bread
- 1 slice American cheese
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 6 slices smoked ham or 6 slices brown sugar ham
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ham, cheese and tomato on one slice of bread.
- Top with second slice of bread.
- Combine mayo and oregano or red pepper and spread on outside of both pieces of bread.
- Cook in skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Flip sandwich and brown reverse side.